вторник, февраля 04, 2020

Билет № 17


Билет № 17
     1.      Let’s talk about accommodation. Where do you want to live: in the city or in the country?
Many people prefer to live in a big city, others dream of small towns. As for me, I would like to live in a big city. There are a lot of theatres, cinemas, museums, art galleries and big shopping centers in a city. In a big city a person has more possibilities to get good education and to find a well-paid job. But there are also some disadvantages: traffic jams, long distances, air and noise pollution. Life in a city is very stressful and expensive.

I live in Mozyr. Mozyr stands on the bank of the river Pripyat. Mozyr is an ancient town. It was first mentioned in chronicles in 1155.
Modern Mozyr is a town of numerous plants and factories. The biggest of them are the Oil Refinery and Salt plants, the cable works, the “Nadex” clothing factory. Mozyr has a wide range of social, cultural and leisure facilities, such as the Melezh drama theatre, cinemas, sport centers, art galleries, a museum of regional ethnography, some palaces of culture, a lot of libraries, a beautiful park with different entertainment centers. People enjoy their free time in restaurants, cafes, bars or clubs and parks.
Mozyr is a perfect and easy town to live in, neither too small nor too big.
I live in a flat here. My flat reflects characters and tastes of my family. My flat is situated on the third floor and has a good layout. There is a living-room, my parents’ room and my room in our flat. Our flat is nicely furnished and all our rooms look stylish and attractive. We try to keep them clean and neat. I usually help my parents clean the flat at the weekend.
My parents’ room is larger than mine, but my room is my heaven. Everything in it is dear to me, and it gives me the atmosphere of independence and privacy. On the right there is my bed. On the left there is my desk with my computer om it. Here I do my homework, surf the Net, watch films and listen to music. The Kitchen is next to the bathroom and the toilet. The kitchen is not large, but cozy and light. Our kitchen is filled with all the necessary kitchen gadgets that make the process of cooking easier.
I’m proud to say that my home is the place where everybody understands, respects and loves me. I can say that my town is my castle. Here I feel safe, relaxed and happy.
     2.      Do you mind living on your own? Why or why not?
No, I don’t. I don’t mind living on my own. When people live on their own they get privacy, freedom, own space. In the future I would like to have my own house or a flat. I live with my parents because I am a teenager. And now I just want to have my own room.
     3.      Ask me what my flat/ house looks like.
1. What floor is your flat on?
2. How many rooms are there in your flat?
3. Do you have your own room?
4. Is your flat big?
5. Do you have a kitchen in your flat?
    4.      Your friend wants to rent a flat. Give him/ her some advice on how to do it.
He should use the Internet, newspapers and magazines because there is a lot of information there. My friend should decide how much he can pay for a flat each month. He shouldn’t be afraid of asking questions to find out all the details.
     5.      They say that the place where you live reflects your character and personality. What do you think about it?
In my view, a man’s home is the reflection of his personality. Houses and flats reflect the way of life and habits of their owners. If you are an optimist you have only warm colours in your room. If you are romantic you have cushions, carpets, flowers in your room. You decorate it with romantic pictures and souvenirs. If you like music you decorate the walls of your room with posters of the celebrities you admire.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий