понедельник, октября 26, 2020

Form 5. Unit 1

 Ann’s summer

Dear Mary,

How are you? The new school year has already started. I have to go back to my textbooks and homework. It’s really great to have such long summer holidays. Schoolchildren are very tired at the end of the year.

There are some things that I don’t like about school holidays. Firstly, I usually miss my school friends and teachers. Secondly, parents’ vacations are not as long as school holidays, and we can’t spend all three months together. Thirdly, my mum always makes me read a lot in summer.

However, all school holidays are exciting. To start with, you can keep late hours, watch lots of TV programmes and play outdoors with your friends. Also, you can visit new places and meet new faces. Finally, you can have touring holidays in ancient cities you have dreamt about for so long. These cities are the famous places, where you can touch history at every step and learn more about the life of people.

This summer I visited Greece. I have seen the Parthenon at last. I have heard so many great stories, that it will take me many hours to tell them to you. Come and see me one day. I’ll show you my holiday photos and a video film.

Where did you go last summer? What places have you been to? Write to me soon.

Ann

already[ɔ:lˈredɪ] уже

vacation[vəˈkeɪʃn] отпуск

exciting[ɪkˈsaɪtɪŋ] увлекательный

ancient[ˈeɪnʃənt] древний

touch[tʌʧ] трогать, прикасаться

Greece[gri:s] Греция

Parthenon[ˈpa:θəˌnən] Парфенон

miss [mɪs] скучать

                               

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий