Level A: Basic
Exercise 1. Choose the correct form of the verb to complete the sentences.
1. Hurry up! Everyone (waits / is waiting) for you.
2. I (don't drink / am not drinking) coffee every day.
3. Listen! The birds (sing / are singing) in the garden.
4. (Do you go / Are you going) to the cinema tonight?
5. He usually (wears / is wearing) a jacket, but today he (wears / is wearing) a coat.
6. My parents (work / are working) in London, but this week they (work / are working) from home.
Level B: Intermediate
Exercise 2. Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Simple or Present Continuous tense.
1. Be quiet! The baby _______________ (sleep) at the moment.
2. How often _______________ (you / visit) your grandparents?
3. Look! That man _______________ (try) to open your car door!
4. My uncle _______________ (not / drive) to work, he usually takes the bus.
5. I can't talk right now. I _______________ (have) lunch with my friends.
6. The Earth _______________ (go) around the Sun.
Level C: Advanced
Exercise 3. Correct the mistakes in the sentences. Write the correct sentences down.
1. I am knowing the answer to this question.
2. Look! The train arrives at the station right now.
3. She is wanting to buy a new dress today.
4. Why do you cry? What happened?
5. My brother is playing football every Tuesday evening.
6. This soup is tasting delicious!
Key to the task:
·
Exercise 1: 1. is waiting, 2. don't drink, 3. are singing, 4. Are you going, 5. wears
/ is wearing, 6. work / are working.
·
Exercise 2: 1. is sleeping, 2. do you visit, 3. is trying, 4. doesn't drive, 5. am
having, 6. goes.
·
Exercise 3: 1. I know..., 2. ...is arriving..., 3. She wants...,
4. Why are you crying?, 5. ...plays football..., 6. This soup tastes...
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий