среда, сентября 30, 2026

Олимпиадные задания. 10 класс.

 Use a phrasal verb in the correct form to replace the words in bold

    1. The school principal decided to cancel ____________________ the sports day due to the heavy rain.
    2. She was raised  ____________________ by her grandparents in a beautiful small village near Nesvizh.
    3. We had to postpone  ____________________ our trip to Gomel until next Tuesday because the car broke down.
    4. The scientists are going to conduct ____________________ a series of experiments in the laboratory next week.
    5. I unexpectedly met  ____________________ my former English teacher when I was shopping at the mall yesterday.
    6. The fire started suddenly ____________________ in the basement, but fortunately, everyone managed to escape safely.
    7. I am really anticipating with pleasure  ____________________ visiting my penfriend in London this summer.
    8. Stop inventing ____________________ silly excuses for not doing your homework on time!


Keys:
    1. called off 
    2. brought up 
    3. put off 
    4. carry out 
    5. ran into / bumped into / came across 
    6. broke out 
    7. looking forward to 
    8. making up 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий